Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Best Value Car Service - Serviceline

I think I have tried most of the car places around the Borders and have been disappointed with almost all of them for one thing or another. Rutherfords in Earlston have twice damaged my car as part of a service, the first time one of their mechanics finding removing the cover on the battery annoying ripped it off and damaged all the plastic bolts, the second time they cracked my windscreen and then said it was "chance". Yes chance that I brought it to you that morning ok and that night it was cracked. Volkswagen at St Boswells charge an arm and a leg and I think I am paying for the fancy new showroom and admin office. ATS in Galashiels is good and reasonable but if your car is there for a service what do you do cut off with no transport.
Finally I have been recommended to Service Line in Newtown St Boswells which loans you a car and which I am so far impressed by. For example they found the hand break wasn't working and told me they may have to change the brake pads etc, but on investigation it was the cable that had frayed and stuck so it only cost me 21 pounds rather than 100. They did a good service and MOT at a reasonable price and are friendly people. My neighbors all use them and all speak highly of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment